The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Finn Meadows Farm
- The New York Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Crawford Farms
- Alstede Farms
- Kneehigh Farm
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Toigo Orchards
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Belchertown Farmers Market , best little market around. Wide variety of fruits, veggies, meats, crafts, baked goods and more. As a vendor we love our customers and the fact th...
- No farmers, no food
- Farmers markets are an easy place to be with fellow community members. Everyone is welcome, all ages can participate, and there are lots of smiles to lift any mood. As a vendo...
- Farmer's Markets are critical to engaging consumers with small local farms. We need to expand access for the farms, so that consumers know who grows their food...
- I want farmers markets to thrive because it benefits the local farmer and grows the local economy through agriculture. Producer driven markets improve the health of a communit...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...
- Farmers are real people doing what they love just like Hollywood stars or athletes and they serve our best interests when they grow real food for our health. But we are only n...
- They are the source of our food system.
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- Family Farms are a most vital resource for the healthiest of food, and they represent all that is right with America. Farmers are patient, dedicated, disciplined, and hard wor...
- I want family farmers to thrive because I don’t own a car and the only fresh food I can buy in my neighborhood is provided by the family farmers of the Troy Waterfront Farme...
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York
- I want family farms and their communities to not just survive but thrive. And that is EXACTLY WHAT the TROY WATERFRONT FARMERS MARKET does. My wife Amy and I are honored to be...
- Family farmers contribute so much.
- My family thrives off of fresh, local food and our farm families thrive off our support. Everybody wins!...
- I love going to my farmers market! I love knowing that these products were grown in or made in MY community--not shipped in from 1500 miles away. I like know that the people s...