The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Froggy Meadow
- Toigo Orchards
- Black Rock Orchard
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Crawford Farms
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Minazzoli Farms
- Kneehigh Farm
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- Family farmers create a community gathering place when they bring their farmers market fare. They are family!...
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York
- They are the source of our food system.
- I want farmers to thrive so that people like Farmer Andy from the Shore Farmers Market & Craft Fair in Somers Point, NJ can continue to provide us with his herbicide and p...
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- They provide fresh, nutritious food for our community. Food from our farm vendors travels an average of 15 miles to the market and is picked at the peak of flavor and ripeness...
- I work as a manager of the market and I see the many benefits the market brings to the community. From nutrition, to Social & Human capital and support to local economy, i...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- Farmers markets serve as integral links between urban, suburban, and rural communities, affording farmers and their consumers the opportunity to interact. Consumers discover t...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- In our same town of only 2500+ people in Warsaw, Missouri there is an awesome Farmer's Market. Hard working people bring their fruits, vegetables, soaps, meats and flowers, as...
- Farmer's Markets are critical to engaging consumers with small local farms. We need to expand access for the farms, so that consumers know who grows their food...
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- They are the backbone of this country..they have the only really sustainable business in the US if they do it right... big ag and the gigantic food like substance companies ar...
- From the nourishment they provide to the integrity with which they steward the land and share it with wildlife, family farmers are the hardest working partners for a healthy e...
- We are a family farm, second generation teaching the third.
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...