The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Crawford Farms
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Black Rock Orchard
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- The New York Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Toigo Orchards
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- I want to support my local farmers because the quality is better, transportation costs and pollutes less, big corporations aren't as nice as small farmers, and because it's fu...
- Farms are the true backbone of any community and this country. Visiting the Troy Waterfront Market with my children has taught them so much about sustainability, art, nutritio...
- My wife and I run a crepe business at the market... We have been doing it since 2015. We use the farmers' beautiful produce and products in our crepes. We cross promote their ...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- I operated a F2F bagel shop and deli for 5 years, located where the Troy Farmer's Market was held. Because of the proximity of the market, and more importantly, the diversity ...
- I want my farmers market to thrive because it has helped revitalize an historic neighborhood in the heart of our city. The Oneida County Public Market, in historic Bagg's Squa...
- I want family farmers to thrive because I don’t own a car and the only fresh food I can buy in my neighborhood is provided by the family farmers of the Troy Waterfront Farme...
- I want families farmers to thrive because that makes healthier communities
- I want my family farmers market to thrive because it’s good to support our community of farmers. Their main drive is to feed us wholesome organic and natural foods, prepacka...
- They provide fresh, nutritious food for our community. Food from our farm vendors travels an average of 15 miles to the market and is picked at the peak of flavor and ripeness...
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....
- Family Farms are a most vital resource for the healthiest of food, and they represent all that is right with America. Farmers are patient, dedicated, disciplined, and hard wor...
- I have been a vendor at the Charlottesville City Market for 14 years. I started because my elementary and middle school children wanted to do it. We thought it would be great ...
- Family farmers contribute so much.
- Farmers markets are an easy place to be with fellow community members. Everyone is welcome, all ages can participate, and there are lots of smiles to lift any mood. As a vendo...
- They are the source of our food system.
- I want my farmers to be successful to maintain sustainable production of produce, raising animals in humane and normal procedures that nature provides. Having access to qualit...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- I want farmers markets to thrive because it benefits the local farmer and grows the local economy through agriculture. Producer driven markets improve the health of a communit...
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...