The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Toigo Orchards
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Alstede Farms
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Black Rock Orchard
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Minazzoli Farms
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Stafford’s Pier Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- They provide fresh, nutritious food for our community. Food from our farm vendors travels an average of 15 miles to the market and is picked at the peak of flavor and ripeness...
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...
- Family farmers are critical to ensuring access to fresh, local foods. The farmers market is my favorite stop Sunday afternoons!...
- I want my family farmers market to thrive because it’s good to support our community of farmers. Their main drive is to feed us wholesome organic and natural foods, prepacka...
- I want family farmers to thrive because they are the backbone of America. My local farmers market is the Orangeburg, SC Downtown Farmers Market....
- I want family farmers to thrive because I don’t own a car and the only fresh food I can buy in my neighborhood is provided by the family farmers of the Troy Waterfront Farme...
- Family farmers help to keep our bodies and minds nourished and healthy. Thank you to all of the farmers!...
- The local farms and farmers are the lifeblood of a community. They are our source of nourishment and existence. A community without farms will cease to exist ....
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....
- In our same town of only 2500+ people in Warsaw, Missouri there is an awesome Farmer's Market. Hard working people bring their fruits, vegetables, soaps, meats and flowers, as...
- Farmer's Markets are critical to engaging consumers with small local farms. We need to expand access for the farms, so that consumers know who grows their food...
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- I want family farmers to thrive because I come from a family with farmers. It's important to support local growers and get to know your community....
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- Family Farms are a most vital resource for the healthiest of food, and they represent all that is right with America. Farmers are patient, dedicated, disciplined, and hard wor...
- Good nutrition is the foundation to good health. It’s important for me to support my local farm families!...
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...