The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Crawford Farms
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Black Rock Orchard
- Kneehigh Farm
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Froggy Meadow
- They are the backbone of this country..they have the only really sustainable business in the US if they do it right... big ag and the gigantic food like substance companies ar...
- The health of our soil and our bodies relies on them thriving! Family farms tend to use less chemicals and build healthy soils by growing sustainably. Healthier soils produce ...
- I want farmers markets to thrive because it benefits the local farmer and grows the local economy through agriculture. Producer driven markets improve the health of a communit...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- Family farmers create a community gathering place when they bring their farmers market fare. They are family!...
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- In our same town of only 2500+ people in Warsaw, Missouri there is an awesome Farmer's Market. Hard working people bring their fruits, vegetables, soaps, meats and flowers, as...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- Farmer's Markets are critical to engaging consumers with small local farms. We need to expand access for the farms, so that consumers know who grows their food...
- Good nutrition is the foundation to good health. It’s important for me to support my local farm families!...
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- We are a family farm, second generation teaching the third.
- Family farmers are critical to ensuring access to fresh, local foods. The farmers market is my favorite stop Sunday afternoons!...
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- I work as a manager of the market and I see the many benefits the market brings to the community. From nutrition, to Social & Human capital and support to local economy, i...
- Markets create a space for community to come together, for small family farms to thrive, for people to connect to where their food comes from and for small businesses & ar...
- Our Farming communities remind us that nature is nurture. They remind us that producing good food is honest, yet hard work. They remind us that we're all connected by the grou...
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York