The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Black Rock Orchard
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Froggy Meadow
- Minazzoli Farms
- Stafford’s Pier Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Toigo Orchards
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Crawford Farms
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- I like knowing where my food comes from. I like knowing that the poultry I buy was raised humanely. I like being able to talk to the farmer who actually grew my food. If I hav...
- Farmers protect our land, water, and wildlife resources for our current and future generations. They also make it possible to eat the freshest, healthiest food available, keep...
- I run the Barnstead Farmers Market and in our town we have many farms, they all struggle for one reason or another, working a fulltime job to support their passion, regulation...
- Family farmers create a community gathering place when they bring their farmers market fare. They are family!...
- They are the source of our food system.
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- They work so hard to bring us the best!
- Farmer's Markets are critical to engaging consumers with small local farms. We need to expand access for the farms, so that consumers know who grows their food...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- It makes sense, it’s about education, community Love & Joy!
- They are the backbone of this country..they have the only really sustainable business in the US if they do it right... big ag and the gigantic food like substance companies ar...
- My family thrives off of fresh, local food and our farm families thrive off our support. Everybody wins!...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- Family farmers help to keep our bodies and minds nourished and healthy. Thank you to all of the farmers!...
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....
- Family farmers are critical to ensuring access to fresh, local foods. The farmers market is my favorite stop Sunday afternoons!...
- I want family farmers to thrive because I don’t own a car and the only fresh food I can buy in my neighborhood is provided by the family farmers of the Troy Waterfront Farme...
- We believe the farmers market is far more than a place to buy weekly produce—it’s an opportunity for residents, farmers, and local food producers to participate in communi...
- Our Muscatine Farmers Market is helping our neighbors! Persons who shop are eating healthy foods. As well as supporting ones that do craft items, feed our dogs nutritious snac...