The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Alstede Farms
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Toigo Orchards
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Froggy Meadow
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Black Rock Orchard
- Family farmers create a community gathering place when they bring their farmers market fare. They are family!...
- No farmers, no food
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- Farmers are real people doing what they love just like Hollywood stars or athletes and they serve our best interests when they grow real food for our health. But we are only n...
- They provide fresh, nutritious food for our community. Food from our farm vendors travels an average of 15 miles to the market and is picked at the peak of flavor and ripeness...
- Farmer's Markets are critical to engaging consumers with small local farms. We need to expand access for the farms, so that consumers know who grows their food...
- They work so hard to bring us the best!
- I love going to my farmers market! I love knowing that these products were grown in or made in MY community--not shipped in from 1500 miles away. I like know that the people s...
- I want family farmers to thrive because I don’t own a car and the only fresh food I can buy in my neighborhood is provided by the family farmers of the Troy Waterfront Farme...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- I was fortunate enough to visit the grandparents farm back in the 50's/60's as a regular part of growing up in Tennessee. Today most of the local farms have disappeared, and s...
- I want my farmers to be successful to maintain sustainable production of produce, raising animals in humane and normal procedures that nature provides. Having access to qualit...
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....
- I want families farmers to thrive because that makes healthier communities
- I want Family Farmers to thrive because we need sources of healthy grown vegetables at an affordable price. We need places for native and honey bees. We need a say in what con...
- It is important for the next generation to learn the benefits of healthy, locally grown, food!...
- I operated a F2F bagel shop and deli for 5 years, located where the Troy Farmer's Market was held. Because of the proximity of the market, and more importantly, the diversity ...
- I have been a vendor at the Charlottesville City Market for 14 years. I started because my elementary and middle school children wanted to do it. We thought it would be great ...
- I want farmers markets to thrive because it benefits the local farmer and grows the local economy through agriculture. Producer driven markets improve the health of a communit...