The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Kneehigh Farm
- Toigo Orchards
- Black Rock Orchard
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Minazzoli Farms
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- The New York Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- I want family farmers to thrive because I come from a family with farmers. It's important to support local growers and get to know your community....
- Farmers markets serve as integral links between urban, suburban, and rural communities, affording farmers and their consumers the opportunity to interact. Consumers discover t...
- I want my farmers to be successful to maintain sustainable production of produce, raising animals in humane and normal procedures that nature provides. Having access to qualit...
- Farmers protect our land, water, and wildlife resources for our current and future generations. They also make it possible to eat the freshest, healthiest food available, keep...
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I love going to my farmers market! I love knowing that these products were grown in or made in MY community--not shipped in from 1500 miles away. I like know that the people s...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- I want family farmers to thrive because they are the backbone of America. My local farmers market is the Orangeburg, SC Downtown Farmers Market....
- Small business is the heart of this country.
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- I want farmers markets to thrive because it benefits the local farmer and grows the local economy through agriculture. Producer driven markets improve the health of a communit...
- The local farms and farmers are the lifeblood of a community. They are our source of nourishment and existence. A community without farms will cease to exist ....
- Markets create a space for community to come together, for small family farms to thrive, for people to connect to where their food comes from and for small businesses & ar...
- Farmers markets are an easy place to be with fellow community members. Everyone is welcome, all ages can participate, and there are lots of smiles to lift any mood. As a vendo...
- No farmers, no food
- I like knowing where my food comes from. I like knowing that the poultry I buy was raised humanely. I like being able to talk to the farmer who actually grew my food. If I hav...
- I work as a manager of the market and I see the many benefits the market brings to the community. From nutrition, to Social & Human capital and support to local economy, i...
- I want Family Farmers to thrive because we need sources of healthy grown vegetables at an affordable price. We need places for native and honey bees. We need a say in what con...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...