The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Alstede Farms
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Crawford Farms
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Toigo Orchards
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Minazzoli Farms
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Black Rock Orchard
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Farmers markets are an easy place to be with fellow community members. Everyone is welcome, all ages can participate, and there are lots of smiles to lift any mood. As a vendo...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....
- Do I pay a little more for the products I purchase at the farmer's market? Yes! Do I pay more at the farmer's market for the same products I can get at the grocery store? NO! ...
- Farmers markets serve as integral links between urban, suburban, and rural communities, affording farmers and their consumers the opportunity to interact. Consumers discover t...
- I want farmers markets to thrive because it benefits the local farmer and grows the local economy through agriculture. Producer driven markets improve the health of a communit...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I want my farmers to be successful to maintain sustainable production of produce, raising animals in humane and normal procedures that nature provides. Having access to qualit...
- The food is fresh and healthy and it’s a wonderful connection to the people who grow and make what we eat....
- I want family farmers to thrive because I don’t own a car and the only fresh food I can buy in my neighborhood is provided by the family farmers of the Troy Waterfront Farme...
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....
- I want farmers to thrive so that people like Farmer Andy from the Shore Farmers Market & Craft Fair in Somers Point, NJ can continue to provide us with his herbicide and p...
- Farmers protect our land, water, and wildlife resources for our current and future generations. They also make it possible to eat the freshest, healthiest food available, keep...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- I work as a manager of the market and I see the many benefits the market brings to the community. From nutrition, to Social & Human capital and support to local economy, i...
- Good nutrition is the foundation to good health. It’s important for me to support my local farm families!...
- We are a family farm, second generation teaching the third.
- It makes sense, it’s about education, community Love & Joy!