The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Minazzoli Farms
- Kneehigh Farm
- Black Rock Orchard
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Crawford Farms
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- I work as a manager of the market and I see the many benefits the market brings to the community. From nutrition, to Social & Human capital and support to local economy, i...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- I operated a F2F bagel shop and deli for 5 years, located where the Troy Farmer's Market was held. Because of the proximity of the market, and more importantly, the diversity ...
- The health of our soil and our bodies relies on them thriving! Family farms tend to use less chemicals and build healthy soils by growing sustainably. Healthier soils produce ...
- I want family farms and their communities to not just survive but thrive. And that is EXACTLY WHAT the TROY WATERFRONT FARMERS MARKET does. My wife Amy and I are honored to be...
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- Farmers markets serve as integral links between urban, suburban, and rural communities, affording farmers and their consumers the opportunity to interact. Consumers discover t...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- I want family farmers to thrive because they are the backbone of America. My local farmers market is the Orangeburg, SC Downtown Farmers Market....
- I love going to my farmers market! I love knowing that these products were grown in or made in MY community--not shipped in from 1500 miles away. I like know that the people s...
- I want family farmers to thrive because I don’t own a car and the only fresh food I can buy in my neighborhood is provided by the family farmers of the Troy Waterfront Farme...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...
- Belchertown Farmers Market , best little market around. Wide variety of fruits, veggies, meats, crafts, baked goods and more. As a vendor we love our customers and the fact th...
- No farmers, no food
- Family farmers contribute so much.
- From the nourishment they provide to the integrity with which they steward the land and share it with wildlife, family farmers are the hardest working partners for a healthy e...
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...