The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Crawford Farms
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Froggy Meadow
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- The New York Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Minazzoli Farms
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- I want farmers to thrive so that people like Farmer Andy from the Shore Farmers Market & Craft Fair in Somers Point, NJ can continue to provide us with his herbicide and p...
- I love going to my farmers market! I love knowing that these products were grown in or made in MY community--not shipped in from 1500 miles away. I like know that the people s...
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- Markets create a space for community to come together, for small family farms to thrive, for people to connect to where their food comes from and for small businesses & ar...
- I want my family farmers market to thrive because it’s good to support our community of farmers. Their main drive is to feed us wholesome organic and natural foods, prepacka...
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- They provide fresh, nutritious food for our community. Food from our farm vendors travels an average of 15 miles to the market and is picked at the peak of flavor and ripeness...
- Farmers markets serve as integral links between urban, suburban, and rural communities, affording farmers and their consumers the opportunity to interact. Consumers discover t...
- Family Farms are a most vital resource for the healthiest of food, and they represent all that is right with America. Farmers are patient, dedicated, disciplined, and hard wor...
- I want farmers markets to thrive because it benefits the local farmer and grows the local economy through agriculture. Producer driven markets improve the health of a communit...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- I want to support my local farmers because the quality is better, transportation costs and pollutes less, big corporations aren't as nice as small farmers, and because it's fu...
- Family farmers contribute so much.
- The local farms and farmers are the lifeblood of a community. They are our source of nourishment and existence. A community without farms will cease to exist ....
- Good nutrition is the foundation to good health. It’s important for me to support my local farm families!...
- I want Family Farmers to thrive because we need sources of healthy grown vegetables at an affordable price. We need places for native and honey bees. We need a say in what con...
- In our same town of only 2500+ people in Warsaw, Missouri there is an awesome Farmer's Market. Hard working people bring their fruits, vegetables, soaps, meats and flowers, as...
- Farmers markets are an easy place to be with fellow community members. Everyone is welcome, all ages can participate, and there are lots of smiles to lift any mood. As a vendo...
- They are the source of our food system.
- I have been a vendor at the Charlottesville City Market for 14 years. I started because my elementary and middle school children wanted to do it. We thought it would be great ...