The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Kneehigh Farm
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Crawford Farms
- Alstede Farms
- Froggy Meadow
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Farmer's Markets are critical to engaging consumers with small local farms. We need to expand access for the farms, so that consumers know who grows their food...
- I want my farmers market to thrive because it has helped revitalize an historic neighborhood in the heart of our city. The Oneida County Public Market, in historic Bagg's Squa...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- We are a family farm, second generation teaching the third.
- Farmers markets serve as integral links between urban, suburban, and rural communities, affording farmers and their consumers the opportunity to interact. Consumers discover t...
- Belchertown Farmers Market , best little market around. Wide variety of fruits, veggies, meats, crafts, baked goods and more. As a vendor we love our customers and the fact th...
- No farmers, no food
- I want my family farmers market to thrive because it’s good to support our community of farmers. Their main drive is to feed us wholesome organic and natural foods, prepacka...
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York
- My father (now 90 years old) started buying produce here in the early '60s -- and we are still shopping here! Yes, my father, too, because it's not just the produce but the pe...
- I like knowing where my food comes from. I like knowing that the poultry I buy was raised humanely. I like being able to talk to the farmer who actually grew my food. If I hav...
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- Farmers markets are an easy place to be with fellow community members. Everyone is welcome, all ages can participate, and there are lots of smiles to lift any mood. As a vendo...
- I run the Barnstead Farmers Market and in our town we have many farms, they all struggle for one reason or another, working a fulltime job to support their passion, regulation...
- The health of our soil and our bodies relies on them thriving! Family farms tend to use less chemicals and build healthy soils by growing sustainably. Healthier soils produce ...
- Our Farming communities remind us that nature is nurture. They remind us that producing good food is honest, yet hard work. They remind us that we're all connected by the grou...
- Farmers are real people doing what they love just like Hollywood stars or athletes and they serve our best interests when they grow real food for our health. But we are only n...
- I want family farmers to thrive because they are the backbone of America. My local farmers market is the Orangeburg, SC Downtown Farmers Market....
- I think its important to support local businesses, I love the community that this farmers market brings to my home town & everything ive ever bought there has been absolut...