The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Black Rock Orchard
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Stafford’s Pier Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Fresh food is better food.
- Family farmers are critical to ensuring access to fresh, local foods. The farmers market is my favorite stop Sunday afternoons!...
- I want my farmers market to thrive because it has helped revitalize an historic neighborhood in the heart of our city. The Oneida County Public Market, in historic Bagg's Squa...
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- Family farmers help to keep our bodies and minds nourished and healthy. Thank you to all of the farmers!...
- From the nourishment they provide to the integrity with which they steward the land and share it with wildlife, family farmers are the hardest working partners for a healthy e...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- The health of our soil and our bodies relies on them thriving! Family farms tend to use less chemicals and build healthy soils by growing sustainably. Healthier soils produce ...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- I run the Barnstead Farmers Market and in our town we have many farms, they all struggle for one reason or another, working a fulltime job to support their passion, regulation...
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- In our same town of only 2500+ people in Warsaw, Missouri there is an awesome Farmer's Market. Hard working people bring their fruits, vegetables, soaps, meats and flowers, as...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...