The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Minazzoli Farms
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Crawford Farms
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Stafford’s Pier Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Froggy Meadow
- The New York Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Earth & Skye Farm
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York
- I want family farmers to thrive because they are the backbone of America. My local farmers market is the Orangeburg, SC Downtown Farmers Market....
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....
- I run the Barnstead Farmers Market and in our town we have many farms, they all struggle for one reason or another, working a fulltime job to support their passion, regulation...
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I want my farmers market to thrive because it has helped revitalize an historic neighborhood in the heart of our city. The Oneida County Public Market, in historic Bagg's Squa...
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- Fresh food is better food.
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- Family farmers help to keep our bodies and minds nourished and healthy. Thank you to all of the farmers!...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- I want farmers to thrive so that people like Farmer Andy from the Shore Farmers Market & Craft Fair in Somers Point, NJ can continue to provide us with his herbicide and p...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...