The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Shady Grove Ranch
- The New York Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Minazzoli Farms
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Black Rock Orchard
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Toigo Orchards
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- Family farmers help to keep our bodies and minds nourished and healthy. Thank you to all of the farmers!...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- From the nourishment they provide to the integrity with which they steward the land and share it with wildlife, family farmers are the hardest working partners for a healthy e...
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- In our same town of only 2500+ people in Warsaw, Missouri there is an awesome Farmer's Market. Hard working people bring their fruits, vegetables, soaps, meats and flowers, as...
- I want my farmers market to thrive because it has helped revitalize an historic neighborhood in the heart of our city. The Oneida County Public Market, in historic Bagg's Squa...
- I want farmers to thrive so that people like Farmer Andy from the Shore Farmers Market & Craft Fair in Somers Point, NJ can continue to provide us with his herbicide and p...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- No farmers, no food
- Fresh food is better food.
- Family farmers are critical to ensuring access to fresh, local foods. The farmers market is my favorite stop Sunday afternoons!...
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...