The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Minazzoli Farms
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Stafford’s Pier Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- The New York Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Black Rock Orchard
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Kneehigh Farm
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- I love going to my farmers market! I love knowing that these products were grown in or made in MY community--not shipped in from 1500 miles away. I like know that the people s...
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- I want farmers to thrive so that people like Farmer Andy from the Shore Farmers Market & Craft Fair in Somers Point, NJ can continue to provide us with his herbicide and p...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....
- No farmers, no food
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- Family farmers create a community gathering place when they bring their farmers market fare. They are family!...
- They are the backbone of this country..they have the only really sustainable business in the US if they do it right... big ag and the gigantic food like substance companies ar...
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York