The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Toigo Orchards
- Crawford Farms
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Minazzoli Farms
- Kneehigh Farm
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Black Rock Orchard
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Alstede Farms
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- They are the backbone of this country..they have the only really sustainable business in the US if they do it right... big ag and the gigantic food like substance companies ar...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- The health of our soil and our bodies relies on them thriving! Family farms tend to use less chemicals and build healthy soils by growing sustainably. Healthier soils produce ...
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- I run the Barnstead Farmers Market and in our town we have many farms, they all struggle for one reason or another, working a fulltime job to support their passion, regulation...
- I want my farmers market to thrive because it has helped revitalize an historic neighborhood in the heart of our city. The Oneida County Public Market, in historic Bagg's Squa...
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- From the nourishment they provide to the integrity with which they steward the land and share it with wildlife, family farmers are the hardest working partners for a healthy e...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- Family farmers create a community gathering place when they bring their farmers market fare. They are family!...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I want farmers to thrive so that people like Farmer Andy from the Shore Farmers Market & Craft Fair in Somers Point, NJ can continue to provide us with his herbicide and p...
- No farmers, no food
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...