The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Froggy Meadow
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Stafford’s Pier Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Alstede Farms
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Kneehigh Farm
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Toigo Orchards
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- Family farmers help to keep our bodies and minds nourished and healthy. Thank you to all of the farmers!...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- The health of our soil and our bodies relies on them thriving! Family farms tend to use less chemicals and build healthy soils by growing sustainably. Healthier soils produce ...
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....
- In our same town of only 2500+ people in Warsaw, Missouri there is an awesome Farmer's Market. Hard working people bring their fruits, vegetables, soaps, meats and flowers, as...
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- No farmers, no food
- Family farmers are critical to ensuring access to fresh, local foods. The farmers market is my favorite stop Sunday afternoons!...
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...
- Family farmers create a community gathering place when they bring their farmers market fare. They are family!...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...