The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Alstede Farms
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- The New York Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Minazzoli Farms
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Black Rock Orchard
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Toigo Orchards
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Kneehigh Farm
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- I want my farmers market to thrive because it has helped revitalize an historic neighborhood in the heart of our city. The Oneida County Public Market, in historic Bagg's Squa...
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- Fresh food is better food.
- I want family farmers to thrive because they are the backbone of America. My local farmers market is the Orangeburg, SC Downtown Farmers Market....
- They are the backbone of this country..they have the only really sustainable business in the US if they do it right... big ag and the gigantic food like substance companies ar...
- Family farmers create a community gathering place when they bring their farmers market fare. They are family!...
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- In our same town of only 2500+ people in Warsaw, Missouri there is an awesome Farmer's Market. Hard working people bring their fruits, vegetables, soaps, meats and flowers, as...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- The health of our soil and our bodies relies on them thriving! Family farms tend to use less chemicals and build healthy soils by growing sustainably. Healthier soils produce ...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- I run the Barnstead Farmers Market and in our town we have many farms, they all struggle for one reason or another, working a fulltime job to support their passion, regulation...