The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Kneehigh Farm
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Toigo Orchards
- Minazzoli Farms
- Crawford Farms
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Flower of the Forest Farm
Lexington Park, MD
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Family farmers help to keep our bodies and minds nourished and healthy. Thank you to all of the farmers!...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- I want family farmers to thrive because they are the backbone of America. My local farmers market is the Orangeburg, SC Downtown Farmers Market....
- The health of our soil and our bodies relies on them thriving! Family farms tend to use less chemicals and build healthy soils by growing sustainably. Healthier soils produce ...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- No farmers, no food
- From the nourishment they provide to the integrity with which they steward the land and share it with wildlife, family farmers are the hardest working partners for a healthy e...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- I want my farmers market to thrive because it has helped revitalize an historic neighborhood in the heart of our city. The Oneida County Public Market, in historic Bagg's Squa...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- I run the Barnstead Farmers Market and in our town we have many farms, they all struggle for one reason or another, working a fulltime job to support their passion, regulation...
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...
- I want farmers to thrive so that people like Farmer Andy from the Shore Farmers Market & Craft Fair in Somers Point, NJ can continue to provide us with his herbicide and p...
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....