The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Crawford Farms
- Black Rock Orchard
- Alstede Farms
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Pond Hill Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- The New York Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
- Kneehigh Farm
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Taliaferro Farm
New Paltz, NY
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- I love my Farmers Market. I love having access to fresh local produce, crafts, and prepared foods. i like talking to the people who actually grew that tomato or made that beau...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- Fresh food is better food.
- I run the Barnstead Farmers Market and in our town we have many farms, they all struggle for one reason or another, working a fulltime job to support their passion, regulation...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- From the nourishment they provide to the integrity with which they steward the land and share it with wildlife, family farmers are the hardest working partners for a healthy e...
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...