The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Heavenly Sunset Farm
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Elmwood Stock Farm
Scott County, KY
- Alstede Farms
- Minazzoli Farms
- Black Rock Orchard
- Mick Klug Farms
St. Joseph, MI
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Two Acre Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Toigo Orchards
- Stafford’s Pier Restaurant
Harbor Springs, MI
- Leaning Shed Farm
Berrien Spring, MI
- Kneehigh Farm
- Valencia Creek Farms
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Crawford Farms
- Froggy Meadow
- Orchard Hill Creamery
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....
- It's important for our small farms to flourish and offer the communities a choice of what they put in their mouth. It helps the community, it helps those wishing to eat fresh,...
- When family farmers thrive we thrive! Farmers provide our families with the nutritious and delicious food that we eat, helping us be healthier, happier people!...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- I want family farmers to thrive so that I can support my area's local economy, keep farmland in production and free from development and sprawl, connect with my region's farmi...
- I want family farms and farmers to survive and thrive. My business is based on beans, grains, and seeds. I sell them to encourage self-sufficient sprouting and healthy eating....
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- From the nourishment they provide to the integrity with which they steward the land and share it with wildlife, family farmers are the hardest working partners for a healthy e...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- I love going to my farmers market! I love knowing that these products were grown in or made in MY community--not shipped in from 1500 miles away. I like know that the people s...
- In our same town of only 2500+ people in Warsaw, Missouri there is an awesome Farmer's Market. Hard working people bring their fruits, vegetables, soaps, meats and flowers, as...
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- Not much, but not bad for down town Binghamton New York
- Family farmers help to keep our bodies and minds nourished and healthy. Thank you to all of the farmers!...
- No farmers, no food
- Family farmers are critical to ensuring access to fresh, local foods. The farmers market is my favorite stop Sunday afternoons!...
- Small farms are the heart of our country! Feeding the body correctly has many health benefits. Many of our customers come to us with health concerns. They can taste the differ...
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...