The most powerful tool we have to protect farmland is our fork.
James Beard and IACP Award-Winning Author
"It’s no coincidence that the best meat comes from animals that live out long lives full of natural activity while thriving on nutritious food. Farmers are paramount — they provide the positive environment for livestock and cultivate the nourishing nature around them. Supporting our farmers, through markets, education, and policy work, is needed more than ever. Farming is a lifelong career, and the next generation needs to be cultivated now."
When you shop at your local farmers market, you help family farmers thrive. What you put on your fork matters.
Follow @AmericanFarmlandTrust on Instagram and join the conversation using #OnMyFork.
- Anderson Plant and Produce
- Four Roots Farm
East Haddam, CT
- Bitta-Blue Farm
- Black Rock Orchard
- Froggy Meadow
- Running Creek Farm
Mt. Healthy, OH
- Mellody Ranch
Santa Cruz County, CA
- Clear Spring Creamery
Clear Spring, MD
- Minazzoli Farms
- Spiral Path Farm
Perry County, Pennsylvania
- Broken Horn D Ranch
- Earth & Skye Farm
- Alstede Farms
- Rosetree Hill Farm
Providence Forge, VA
- Finn Meadows Farm
- Orchard Hill Creamery
- Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Shady Grove Ranch
- Gregory Farm
Harbor Springs, MI
- Garrett’s Country Meats and Produce
What’s #OnMyFork Matters
We all have a voice in the farmland protection movement. Tell us why you want family farmers to thrive
- Family farmers are critical to ensuring access to fresh, local foods. The farmers market is my favorite stop Sunday afternoons!...
- ... family farmers are the backbone of America's agriculture industry. The food is healthier, there are fewer pesticides, and family farms do more to boost the local economy. ...
- I want family farmers to thrive because we are the teachers of farming to all of our customers who want to know where their food is coming from...
- I want family farms to thrive for the benefit of consumers, so that they feel confident in their next meal and have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local farmer...
- I really enjoy going to the farmer's Market every Tuesday Here in Syracuse, New York from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, I get great deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, also they have ...
- The health of our soil and our bodies relies on them thriving! Family farms tend to use less chemicals and build healthy soils by growing sustainably. Healthier soils produce ...
- Family Farms are so important because they will more often give us healthier organic or non-sprayed foods. They feed America and respect the land!...
- No farmers, no food
- Family farmers are awesome and their sustainable ag practices can save the world from climate change!...
- From the nourishment they provide to the integrity with which they steward the land and share it with wildlife, family farmers are the hardest working partners for a healthy e...
- I want family farms to thrive so that my son and grandson can continue the way of life started by my father....
- My favorite day at the farmers market is when they have my granddaughter doing one of her cooking demos....
- We have a terrific Farmers Market near me. I'm there every single week. It's a "Virginia-Grown" market, meaning everything at our market is grown in or made in Virginia. I lov...
- I run the Barnstead Farmers Market and in our town we have many farms, they all struggle for one reason or another, working a fulltime job to support their passion, regulation...
- Fresh fruit and vegetables straight from our neighbors to our table. What could be better....
- Family farmers help to keep our bodies and minds nourished and healthy. Thank you to all of the farmers!...
- I want farmers to thrive so that people like Farmer Andy from the Shore Farmers Market & Craft Fair in Somers Point, NJ can continue to provide us with his herbicide and p...
- because locally grown foods provide readily available, nutritious and affordable that changes with the season. There is always something fresh. It gives a sense of pride and f...
- I want my farmers market to thrive because it has helped revitalize an historic neighborhood in the heart of our city. The Oneida County Public Market, in historic Bagg's Squa...
- I want family farms to not only survive, but thrive, as they are vital to the health and sustainability of our communities and landscapes....