We believe that every farmers market in America is special in its own way. Big or small, in cities or rural towns, farmers markets nourish their communities while helping local farmers, food makers, and artisans thrive. While the America’s Farmers Market Celebration does rank America’s favorite markets, our intention is to lift up the vital role farmers markets play across the country.
Our goal is to make the database the largest and most comprehensive listing of markets in America, but we need your help to do so!
Here are 3 reasons to update your market listing today:
- 1. Every farmers market has a unique page on the America’s Farmers Market Celebration website where supporters can go to vote for and learn more about your market. You want to ensure they know the correct dates, times, and location so they don’t show up to your market when you are closed. This can cause some very unhappy consumers!
- 2. Updating your market listing allows you to grow your visibility and brand awareness to your local community and beyond. Our market search tool and map help connect consumers to your business, even tourists visiting for the weekend. In fact, the database on markets.farmland.org is the largest listing of farmers markets in America!
- 3. Boost your Search Engine Optimization. The more information Google and other search engines can obtain about a website and the more consistent that information is, the better rankings you’ll have in the search results. Your market listing on markets.farmland.org provides this validation by supporting and supplementing search engines with the information they need.
Here are the key details to check for:
- – Dates
- – Times
- – Location
- – Contact info
- – Social media and website url’s
- – A short write-up describing more about what consumers can find at your local market
Update your market by simply clicking here to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your new information. Alternatively, complete this form with your new or revised market information. *Please allow 24 hours for the new information to be populated on the website.
Leave a Reply